Sunday 13 May 2012

That's My Mom

She has a pair of watery eyes which I feel the need to protect her
She has her own fashion sense which I find difficulty in buying her clothes
She is pure and innocent which sometimes I feel like 'poisoning' her mind
That's my mom

She talks a lot until sometimes I could only see her mouth movement but my mind just go blank
She nags at her grandchildren until sometimes I need to pull them away from her
She looses her coolness at them very fast when they misbehave and it makes me worry about her health
That's my mom

She tries new recipes from words of mouth or television to add new menu on our table
She watches over 100-episode long Taiwanese series on television daily without fail
She manages her blood pressure despite she needs to look after her grandchildren, cook and run the house
That's my mom

She is passionate about making and arranging flowers
She is skillful in sewing clothes, curtains, blankets and pillow cases
She is wise in solving problems with the solutions that never cross my mind
That's my mom

I like her just the way she is
I like being be her when I am home
I like leaning on her shoulder like a child
I like not having to think about what to eat as she is in-charge when I am home
I like to wish her good health, good fortune, love and happiness
I like to tell her "Mom, I love you. You are the best mom and I want to be your daughter life time after lifetime!"

This, I dedicate to my mom today, happy mothers' day!