Tuesday 19 June 2012

Five-year-old's Quotes

On global warming: "Teacher said our earth is having fever, we cannot switch on fan and air-conditioner." (but she is still switching on air-conditioner and fan all the times! When I remind her, she will give me her innocent look or she will argue that it's extremely hot)

On making batik: "Aunt Mary helped me to put the melted candle on my drawing so that when I put colours on it the colours could not run out." (I could hear her innocence over the phone)

On differentiating the address of grannies: "Yeye is daddy's daddy, Nainai is daddy's mummy; Gonggong is mommy's daddy, Popo is mommy's mommy." (I was amazed by her serious expression)

On acknowledging she understood her mom: "If I want to get angry, I cannot play with Didi (her younger brother); If I want to play with Didi, I cannot get angry."

On acknowledging her cooperation to do chore: "Ok ok..." and immediately she carries out the chore. (that acknowledgment is short but very sweet!)

These are the five quotes that top my list, looking forward for more quotes to come from her ; )